Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What I learned Today

I learned about Compounds sentence, Complex sentence and Run-on sentence. Compound sentence is more than one sentence. For example, I am going to school yesterday but my friend Sarah didn't come to school because she got a cold. In this sentence there are 2 sentence. I am going to school yesterday and my friend Sarah didn't come to school because she got a cold. This 2 sentence are all complete sentence also independence clauses. But the Complex sentence is not same with compound sentence. Only the one that same is, there are 2 sentence. Complex sentences are not a complete sentence also there are independence clauses and dependence clauses. For example, My friends are decided to go to the park tomorrow but I will not join them. Here, the sentence of my friends are decided to go to the park tomorrow is the complete sentence and independence clauses but the another sentence that i will not join them is not a complete sentence also it's dependence clauses. So, this sentence called a complex sentence. Last one is Run-on sentence. Run-on sentence is like I didn't do exercise I got fatter and lazier. This sentence need to fix because there isn't any joining word. If this sentence is fix with joining word so, it will became i didn't do exercise and i got fatter and lazier. This is what i learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment